Fun Stuff (17)
What do we do when a beloved member of our staff breaks a bone and is forced to hobble about the office on crutches for six to eight weeks?
Why, we make fun of her, of course!
And that fun includes creating a trailer for a spooky movie in which she and her jacked-up fibula might star. Take a look...if you dare.
We're big fans of The Onion, the satirical newspaper and website that poke fun at everything from major news events to the mundane aspects of life.
During a recent Creative Training session, we listened to a radio program that examined the Onion staff's writing process; specifically, how they decide which headlines they'll develop into full-blown stories.
Our exercise was to write our own Onion-style headlines over the next couple of weeks, bring them back to the group, and then choose the ones we like the best.
Here now, our favorites among the Oniony headlines we wrote.
- Face Tattoo Impresses Prospective Employer
- Unwanted Belly Fat Tied to Larger Waistlines
- Obama Announces Funk Sanctions on Rhythm Nation
- New Evidence Reveals Carrots to Be "Straight Up Poison"
- Multi-Orgasmic Atheist Searching for Name to Scream
- Report: 60 Percent of Staycations Taken in Bathroom
- Airline Food Has "Had Enough" of Comedic Put-Downs
- Friends Say Jim Howard the Best at Skipping Commercials on DVR
- Local Zookeeper Concerned About Peacock's Lack of Humility
- Origin of Living Room Stain Still a Mystery
- Groundhog to Nation: "You're All Screwed"
- Tours of Sausage Factories Rarely Attended
- Facebook Buys WhatsApp from Itself for $50 Billion
- Study Reveals Children Develop "Judgey" Behavior In Utero
- Local Drywall Contractor Not a Fan of Open-Concept Floor Plans
- Ray Rice Announces New Line of White Tank-Top T-shirts
- Dieting News: Other People's Food Doesn't Count
- Boston Sues for Emancipation from Mother Nature
- Area Farmer a More Reserved Square Dancer
"Flapjacks are a celebration of life," according to Valerie Likens, our Vice President of Account Management and Fulfillment.
It's that philosophy that serves as the foundation of one of the most-anticipated events in our region - or at least our building.
Mrs. Likens' Old-Fashioned Flapjack Festival is an annual pancake party that combines free flapjacks with the basic human need to eat free flapjacks.
"It's a match made in heaven," shouted Fulfillment Manager Susan Harris after finishing her fourth short stack.
"That's an exceptional flapjack," said Nikki Brown, her chin covered in warm syrup.
"It does my heart good to see people enjoying my old-fashioned flapjacks," said Mrs. Likens. When asked what makes them "old-fashioned," she replied, "Mainly the ingredients. I use a lot of army surplus flour. Korean War era."
Watch the short video below for an exclusive interview with Mrs. Likens.
Everyone hates old-school fruitcakes. So, we developed a modern new online version that you're sure to hate less.
TheVirtualFruitcake.com lets you enjoy all the tradition of the holiday fruitcake without actually having to own a fruitcake.
Just set your tablet or open laptop on your dinner table, visit TheVirtualFruitcake.com, and enjoy a full 15 minutes of fruitcake video, recorded before a live studio audience.
And remember, it's the season of sharing, so be sure to spread the goodness. Share TheVirtualFruitcake.com with your family members and neighbors, as well as the people you like.
Happy Christmas from your friends at Madison Avenue Marketing Group.
For years, scientists have theorized that the best way to dispose of old pumpkins is to toss them off the roof of a four-story building. We proved that theory correct on November 7, 2014 during the very first - and possibly last - MadAveGroup Great Pumpkin Launch.
Using a home-made catapult, we shot about two dozen pumpkins onto the unforgiving parking lot of our corporate headquarters in UpTown Toledo. None of them survived.
Take a look at the quick video above to see how this fun event came together.