An integral member of our team since 1993, Scott is an award-winning copywriter with a talent for simplifying brand messages and developing humorous content. He’s also a skilled voiceover professional, as well as a video and audio producer / director.
Through the MadAveGroup blog, Scott reinforces our agency’s perspective and shares sound marketing and customer experience principles. When speaking to audiences, he focuses on branding, content creation, using humor in marketing content, and exploring the question “who cares?”
Scott has judged several ADDY Award competitions. He sits on the Telly Awards Judging Council and Bowling Green State University's Advertising Industry Advisory Board.
Forbes Agency Council
Scott is a member of the Forbes Agency Council, an invitation-only organization for senior-level executives in successful public relations, media strategy, creative and advertising agencies.
Forbes.com published his article, Highlight Your Humanity to Help Your Brand Stand Out, and he's contributed to these articles on the Forbes website:
- 15 Tips to Help Businesses Create Engaging Videos
- 11 Tips for Responding to Negative Online Reviews
- 12 Simple Website Changes That Can Boost Your Brand Appeal
- 15 Ways to Ensure Your Agency's Creative Juices Keep Flowing
- 8 Tips for Creating a Non-Promotional Branded Podcast
- Turn Praise Into Power: How to Make the Most of Your Company's Accolades
- 15 Culture Perks to Boost Team Productivity During the Summer
- 15 Ways to Publicize Good Company News Without Being Boastful
- 13 Content Marketing Strategies to Differentiate Your Brand
- 16 Ways to Repurpose Your Content for Maximum Engagement
- 15 Best Practices for Your New Company Blog
- 13 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Start Rebranding
- 8 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Starting a Podcast
- The Write Stuff: 16 Agency Pros Share Their Best Piece of Writing Advice
- Ending Confusion: 15 Ways You Can Improve Internal Communications
- 12 Critical Attributes You Should Seek When Hiring
- 15 Things to Keep in Mind When Designing Your Marketing Plan for the Holidays
- How to Be Authentic and Turn Around Your Brand in the Face of Crisis
- 15 Underappreciated Skills To Look For In Young Hires
- Want to Use 360-Degree Photo and Video? 11 Things to Consider
Read Scott's insight in the article "3 Tips to Improve Internal Communications" published by Lousiana Technology Park.
Thoughts About Scott
“May I have your permission to send your article to a few of our top business customers? We are a small community bank in North Carolina and I would like to share your message with them. Thanks so much!” - Michele Grady, Marketing Director / KS Bank, Inc.
“I am hard pressed to challenge any of [these ideas] based on your reputation and experience. I think it’s great.” - Joanna Hunter, Marketing / Kingston Healthcare
“Thank you for your participation in our Networking Fair. I could listen to you speak all day.” - Denise Grupp-Verbon, Fine & Performing Arts / Owens Community College
“I really enjoy your blog posts. Good information.” - Sue Shepich, Marketing Director / Marshall Music